Suddenly you have a million and one responsibilities, hence need to operate on a tight budget, but still want to update your wardrobe once in a while. Does anything ring a bell!Lol..you are not alone darl! The big question is how do you strike a balance in all this!
Learning when to splurge and save can actually be of help!
At times if you spend a little more initially, you will actually save much more long term and still on the flip side there are certain pieces which you can easily get away with when you save on.
Hey and welcome to Authentically Ritah!
In today’s blog post I’m going to talk about what I think is worth being splurged on and what needs to be saved in the wardrobe. Before i delve into this please note that splurging and saving looks different for different people based on so many factors such as lifestyle, age and much more so adjust accordingly.
So where should you splurge?
First things first, splurging means allocating a little bit more of your budget on certain pieces.
Splurge worthy pieces are those which mostly act as your wardrobe basics and can easily elevate the simplest of outfits. These are pieces which you actually incorporate in most of your outfits and though not all most tend to be everyday wears. Definitely the more you wear anything, the more they get exposed on wear and tear so you need to spend a little more for quality on such pieces.
Here are a few things which i consider splurge worthy:
- Classic jeans – It is definitely worth spending on that classic blue, black or white jeans which won’t wear easily. These three colors are timeless and complement with most wardrobe pieces.
- Undergarments – Small but mighty, good quality undergarments make a whole world of difference. They act as foundations to your outfits and can make or break the overall look. They are totally worth the splurge.
- An everyday bag – A good quality bag in a neutral color which can be carried almost everyday and doesn’t wear out quickly is definitely worth an extra effort.
- That Little Black Dress – This is such a true classic and can be styled with so many pieces in your closet. I definitely would splurge on this for extra mileage.
- Nude shoes – Nude shoes are classic wardrobe pieces which helps you get the most out of your wardrobe. Good quality sandles, heels or ballet shoes will complement your wardrobe effortlessly.
- Gym/active wear – Since these are likely to be worn almost every other day, i feel they are worth that extra coin and could take you for years so you don’t have to keep replacing them every now and then.
- Boots – Be it’s an ankle, midi or knee high boot i feel you deserve good quality ones which won’t wear as fast
- Designer Sunglasses – Of course if you won’t break them. I would definitely splurge on designer sunglasses which have sun protector
- Timeless accessories -I would spend abit more on a small selection of those timeless accessory pieces which don’t tarnish and I can go with to almost all events
- Leather Jacket – a well made classic leather jacket cannot miss on this list. It is a piece which has actually stood the test of time as it is a very versatile wardrobe piece. Definitely worth a splurge
- White sneakers – These are versatile casual essentials which can be rocked with most outfits in your closet. They are worth the splurge too.
and where do you save?
Saving can be done on pieces which you wear less frequently. These are pieces which may or may not be incorporated in your everyday outfits.They could also be seasonal pieces. They are generally not exposed to wear and tear that much.
Like I earlier said, these pieces again could vary for different people. Here are afew ones which I feel could be saved on:
- Anything trendy – anything trendy is not worth a splurge in my opinion. Trends come and go and the most they could last if you are lucky is one year.I don’t recommend avoiding trends all together but just don’t blow a lot of moo la on them
- Colored jeans – worn once in a while because not paired with most of the outfits. Not worth that extra coin
- Basic Tees – I know these ones are worn almost everyday as layering pieces under your coats or blazers. I feel they are not worth a splurge because you can get inexpensive ones which will still serve you the most
Others areas you could save include:- Floral Shoes, Colored sneakers, Sweaters, Hoodies, stockings and sweat shirts
When deciding on whether to splurge or save, the first thing is to make sure it’s something which sparks joy to you! You don’t want to put your hard earned money on just anything. Whatever you buy should be that one piece which elevates your overall look.
I hope you found this post helpful. Where do you spend? Where do you save? Feel free to share your thoughts down below!
DID YOU ENJOY THIS POST?
I post every Wednesdays! To get notified once i post FASHION TIPS, HAULS & IDEAS do SUBSCRIBE by clicking right here.
Authentically Ritah is now on YOUTUBE! You can consider subscribing right here
If you enjoyed this post, you might love this video